- Mike Hammer has been resurrected. Stacy Keach reprised his role as Hammer a year later in the made-for-TV film The Return of Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer, which premiered on April 18, 1986, and was directed by Mickey Spillane. It was only after receiving a great response to the film and the perseverance of Jay Bernstein that the series was revived under the title The New Mike Hammer.
- 1 Who was the original Mike Hammer?
- 2 Why was Mike Hammer Cancelled?
- 3 What happened to Mike Hammer TV show?
- 4 Who is the face Mike Hammer?
- 5 Who wrote the Mike Hammer novels?
- 6 What gun did Mike Hammer carry?
- 7 How many seasons of Mike Hammer were made?
- 8 How many Mike Hammer TV shows are there?
- 9 Who is Stacy Keach married to?
Who was the original Mike Hammer?
Mike Hammer, based on the hard-boiled private investigator Mike Hammer created by Mickey Spillane and performed by Darren McGavin, is the first syndicated television series based on Spillane’s character. A total of 78 episodes were shown over two seasons from 1957 to 1959, making it the longest-running television series in history.
Why was Mike Hammer Cancelled?
The title of the program was changed from ‘Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer’ to ‘The New Mike Hammer’ in 1986; production having been interrupted during the 1984-85 season due to the drug arrest of actor Stacy Keach, who would eventually reprise the character in a syndicated version a decade later. Currently, there is no way to watch it online.
What happened to Mike Hammer TV show?
Following a single season, The New Mike Hammer was cancelled on May 13, 1987, with the final episode airing on that day.
Who is the face Mike Hammer?
The Face, a lovely brunette with a mysterious past, was the most fascinating figure, according to the audience ( Donna Denton ). Hammer was able to catch a glimpse of her in practically every episode, but he was unable to meet her. It was eventually revealed that she was a writer who wished to utilize his escapades as the foundation for a series of novels…
Who wrote the Mike Hammer novels?
Books written by Mickey Spillane Frank Morrison “Mickey” Spillane (1918-2006) was the author of more than forty books, many of which were hard-boiled crime thrillers. He was known as “the maestro of hard-boiled crime novels.” In 1947, he published I, the Jury, which included the introduction of his most renowned character, the famed private investigator Mike Hammer.
What gun did Mike Hammer carry?
Invented by American novelist Mickey Spillane, Michael Hammer is a fictitious character who appears in several of his novels. Hammer made his literary breakthrough with the 1947 novel I, the Jury. Private detective Hammer is known for taking no prisoners. He always has his Colt. 45 M1911A1 concealed under his left arm, and it’s a good thing he does.
How many seasons of Mike Hammer were made?
Hammer is approached by an Australian private investigator who is looking for a missing author. Her sole lead comes from’The Face ‘, Hammer’s enigmatic female companion. He finally catches up with The Face and learns more about her life. Her sole lead comes from ‘The Face,’ a mystery lady who works for Hammer.
How many Mike Hammer TV shows are there?
Mike Hammer was played by Stacy Keach throughout all four seasons of the show.
Who is Stacy Keach married to?
The fourth season of Cobra Kai is titled The Loop. Laura Knapp (Shirley Eaton) is the major villain in the 1963 film “Mike Hammer Story The Girl Hunters.” She is the main antagonist of the film.