The trade-in value of a 2002 Jeep Liberty ranges from $613 to $4,714. With the Edmunds appraisal tool, you can get a more precise estimate of the worth of your vehicle.
- As a general guideline, the trade-in value of a 2002 Jeep Liberty with no options and traveled around 12,000 miles per year would be worth approximately $1,295 for one in “Clean” condition and approximately $1,850 if you were selling it to an individual.
- 1 What problems do 2002 Jeep Libertys have?
- 2 How many miles can a 2002 Jeep Liberty last?
- 3 Are used Jeep Libertys reliable?
- 4 Is 2002 Jeep Liberty 4×4?
- 5 What year was the first Jeep Liberty made?
- 6 What year Jeep Liberty is best?
- 7 Why did they discontinue the Jeep Liberty?
- 8 Is the Jeep 3.7 a good engine?
- 9 Are Jeep Liberty parts expensive?
- 10 Does a 2002 Jeep Liberty have a timing belt or chain?
- 11 Are Jeep Libertys good off-road?
- 12 What year Jeep Liberty should be avoided?
- 13 What is a Jeep Liberty worth?
- 14 Are Jeep Libertys good in snow?
What problems do 2002 Jeep Libertys have?
The Jeep Liberty’s first generation has five major flaws, according to experts (2002 to 2007)
- Failure of an internal engine valve. Symptoms of Internal Engine Valve Problems on the Jeep Liberty 1st Generation include power window motor failure and a squealing engine. Power window switch failure on a 1st generation Jeep Liberty. Power door lock failure on a 1st generation Jeep Liberty. Exhaust manifold leaks. 4WD unit leaks.
How many miles can a 2002 Jeep Liberty last?
Valve failure within the engine. On the 1st generation Jeep Liberty, the following symptoms of internal engine valve problems might be observed: power window motor failure; power steering failure; and power brake failure. Leaks from the exhaust manifold and the 4WD unit on the first generation Jeep Liberty. Power door lock failure on the first generation Jeep Liberty.
Are used Jeep Libertys reliable?
Are Jeep Libertys Reliable Automobiles? The Jeep Liberty has gotten average dependability ratings from all of the main reliability organizations. The Jeep Liberty has gotten average dependability ratings from all of the main reliability organizations. RepairPal gives it a 3.5-star rating, placing it 14th out of 26 midsize SUVs in the category.
Is 2002 Jeep Liberty 4×4?
The Used 2002 Jeep Liberty is available in both four-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive configurations.
What year was the first Jeep Liberty made?
What Is the Jeep Liberty’s Historically Significant Background? Jeep released the Liberty as part of their Jeep portfolio of cars in 2002, and it served as a substitute for the Jeep Cherokee in the United States for a number of years after that.
What year Jeep Liberty is best?
The Jeep Liberty four-door SUV was in production for 11 model years until being phased out (2001 to 2012). The most problematic vehicles were the earlier ones, which were subject to several recalls due to fluid leaks and malfunctioning airbags. 2007. 2008, and 2009 are the most favorable years for purchasing a Liberty SUV. Most notably, just one recall was issued for 2009 models.
Why did they discontinue the Jeep Liberty?
For the North American market, Jeep canceled the Liberty CRD because it was unable to comply with stricter 2007 emissions regulations for diesel engines. Both transmission options were carryovers from the previous model year: a six-speed manual and a four-speed automatic.
Is the Jeep 3.7 a good engine?
The 3.7L is an extremely capable engine. Given the high torque it delivers, this vehicle is well suited to off-road use and can even haul heavy loads. The negative of the 3.7L is that it struggles on city streets and expressways when you need to accelerate. The Commander is a large vehicle, and the 3.7L engine accelerates notably more slowly than the 4.7L and 5.7L engines.
Are Jeep Liberty parts expensive?
Cost. For a Jeep Liberty, the average total yearly cost of repairs and maintenance is $674, which is lower than the average cost of $573 for midsize SUVs and higher than the average cost of $652 for all vehicle types.
Does a 2002 Jeep Liberty have a timing belt or chain?
If this is the case, when does it need to be replaced? This engine most definitely has a timing chain, and Matte is correct in stating that it is not a maintenance component.
Are Jeep Libertys good off-road?
A Jeep Liberty is an off-road vehicle that can be trusted. This vehicle possesses the necessary power and velocity to go over gulleys, streams, and hillocks, making it an excellent choice for off-road adventures. In addition, it steers well on the road, which is in contrast to jeeps with solid axles.
What year Jeep Liberty should be avoided?
The following Jeep Liberty model years should be avoided: 2002. In spite of its widespread appeal and devoted following, the Jeep Liberty model year 2002 is the first to be avoided when it comes to purchasing a new vehicle for personal use.
What is a Jeep Liberty worth?
The price of an extensively optioned Jeep Liberty may reach $32,000 when it is at its most costly. Check the Fair Purchase Price to see how the actual transaction prices that customers are paying compare to the Fair Purchase Price.
Are Jeep Libertys good in snow?
How well will a Jeep Liberty with four-wheel drive perform in severe snow conditions? – Quora is a question and answer website. Everything is fine! Install 4WD and drive at a leisurely pace; you should have no difficulties.