Models for the years 2014–2016
|2014–2016 JEEP® Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity|
|2014||6,200 lbs.–7,200 lbs.|
|2015||3,500 lbs.–7,200 lbs.|
|2016||3,500 lbs.–7,200 lbs.|
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity and its engine will be discussed in further detail later in this section. When it comes to towing capability, the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s maximum capacity is 6,200 pounds for the base model, which is outstanding! The 3.6-liter V-6 engine, which produces at least 300 horsepower, is responsible for this.
- 1 What can a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee tow?
- 2 How many pounds can a 2016 Jeep Cherokee pull?
- 3 Can a 2016 Jeep Cherokee tow a camper?
- 4 Are Jeep Grand Cherokees good for towing?
- 5 How many pounds can a Jeep Cherokee tow?
- 6 How big of a trailer can a Jeep Grand Cherokee tow?
- 7 Which Grand Cherokee tows the most?
- 8 What Jeep Cherokee can tow 5000 lbs?
- 9 Can you add a tow package to a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
- 10 Can a Jeep Grand Cherokee tow 7000 lbs?
- 11 Which Jeep Cherokee is best for towing?
- 12 Which Jeep Cherokee can tow 4500 lbs?
- 13 How much can a Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel tow?
- 14 How do you increase towing capacity?
What can a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee tow?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity and its engine will be discussed in greater detail later in this article. The entry-level 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a maximum towing capacity of 6,200 lbs, which is outstanding for this class of vehicle. This is possible because of the 3.6-liter V-6 engine, which produces at least 300 horsepower.
- Standard 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine with a towing capability of 6,200 lbs.
- 5.7L V8 class IV extreme heavy-duty engine with a towing capacity of 7,400 lbs.
- 6.4L V8 SRT engine with a towing capacity of 7,200 lbs.
- 3.0L Eco diesel V6 engine with a towing capacity of 7,200 lbs.
How many pounds can a 2016 Jeep Cherokee pull?
The 2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport, Latitude, Limited, Trailhawk, and Overland with the 3.2L engine have a maximum towing capacity of 2000 pounds unless they are equipped with the factory Trailer Tow Package, which improves the towing capability to 4500 pounds.
Can a 2016 Jeep Cherokee tow a camper?
The durability of a Jeep Cherokee allows it to carry a camper almost without fail, although it does have its limits when it comes to towing capacity, as discussed below. A Jeep Cherokee has a towing capacity of between 2,000 and 5,000 pounds. Pop-up trailers, hybrid trailers, Airstreams, and Teardrop trailers are examples of this type of trailer.
Are Jeep Grand Cherokees good for towing?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a confidently capable SUV that comes with a long list of accolades to back it up. From its optional Best-in-Class towing capacity 1 of 7,200 pounds to its famed available 4×4 capabilities, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a vehicle built with power and strength in mind.
How many pounds can a Jeep Cherokee tow?
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee has a towing capacity of up to 2,000 pounds when properly equipped.
How big of a trailer can a Jeep Grand Cherokee tow?
Depending on the model and year, a Jeep Grand Cherokee can pull a camper and equipment weighing up to 7,200 pounds. Pop-up campers, hybrid trailers, teardrop trailers, and certain classic travel trailers are among the types of campers that can be towed with this weight capacity.
Which Grand Cherokee tows the most?
When properly equipped, the Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT® and Trackhawk® offer the greatest maximum towing capacity in the industry, with a combined 7,200 lbs. This is due to the fact that they are equipped with a 6.4L and a 6.2L supercharged V8 engines, respectively, that can produce up to 645 pound-feet of torque and 6.4L horsepower.
What Jeep Cherokee can tow 5000 lbs?
The Limited X has a towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds. A maximum of 7,200 pounds may be towed by any of the Limited, Trailhawk, Overland, High Altitude, and Summit trims, respectively. The higher-end SRT and Trackhawk trims are equipped with specialist engines, with a 6.4-liter Hemi V8 in the former and a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 in the latter, respectively.
Can you add a tow package to a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Add a trailer hitch to your 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only a few simple tools, a U-Hul trailer hitch (part number 78159), and a few hours of your time to finish the installation.
Can a Jeep Grand Cherokee tow 7000 lbs?
In rear-wheel drive configurations, the Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow up to 7,400 pounds (and up to 7,200 pounds in four-wheel drive configurations) when equipped with either the 3.0-liter turbocharged EcoDiesel V6 engine (the most fuel-efficient option) that produces 240 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque or the 5.7-liter V8 engine that produces 390 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque.
Which Jeep Cherokee is best for towing?
If you’re looking for a Jeep with serious towing capability, the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee is without a doubt a top-rated option. Grand Cherokees are capable of towing a maximum of 7,200 pounds when the proper combination of trim level, engine, and Trailer Tow package is used.
Which Jeep Cherokee can tow 4500 lbs?
A maximum towing capability of 4,500 lbs. is achieved by using the 3.2L Pentastar engine in the Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk.
How much can a Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel tow?
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Overland 44 Review – The Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Overland 44 is a four-wheel-drive vehicle that is powered by a diesel engine. An SUV Behaving in the Way an SUV Should. A few specifications: weight of 5400 pounds, torque of 420 lb-ft, towing capability of 7200 pounds, and fuel consumption of 9.7 litres per 100 kilometers.
How do you increase towing capacity?
How to Increase the Towing Capacity of Your Vehicle
- Make Sure You Have the Correct Hitch. You’ll need to start by purchasing the proper sort of hitch.
- Use a Programmer.
- Replace Axles.
- Upgrade the Braking System.
- Install a Larger Radiator.
- Upgrade Suspension.
- Enhance Your Intake and Exhaust.
- Upgrade Your Truck.