Cars can be found and compared.
|2002 Jeep Liberty 2WD|
|Personalize Find a car||6 cyl, 3.7 L, Automatic 4-spd Compare|
|EPA MPG||Regular Gasoline 16 combined city/highway MPG 15 city 19 highway 6.2 gals/100 miles|
|Unofficial MPG Estimates Shared by Vehicle Owners||View Estimates How can I share my MPG?|
- The Jeep Liberty’s most important specifications are shown below. The base trim is visible. Sport Utility is the body type. Take a look at comparable automobiles. MPG in combination: 18-21 MPG in combination. Engine: 2.4-liter I-4 with 150 horsepower (regular gas) 4×2 all-wheel drive. Seating capacity: 5 people.
- 1 What problems do 2002 Jeep Libertys have?
- 2 What problems do Jeep Libertys have?
- 3 Are Jeep Liberty good in snow?
- 4 What octane does a Jeep Liberty use?
- 5 How many miles can a 2002 Jeep Liberty last?
- 6 What year Jeep Liberty is best?
- 7 Is the Jeep 3.7 a good engine?
- 8 What Jeep gets best MPG?
- 9 What Jeep gets best gas mileage?
- 10 Are Jeeps gas guzzlers?
What problems do 2002 Jeep Libertys have?
The Jeep Liberty’s first generation has five major flaws, according to experts (2002 to 2007)
- Failure of an internal engine valve. Symptoms of Internal Engine Valve Problems on the Jeep Liberty 1st Generation include power window motor failure and a squealing engine. Power window switch failure on a 1st generation Jeep Liberty. Power door lock failure on a 1st generation Jeep Liberty. Exhaust manifold leaks. 4WD unit leaks.
What problems do Jeep Libertys have?
Some Jeep Liberty owners between 2002 and 2012 have experienced fluid leaks from their vehicles, which they believe are the result of a damaged differential pinion seal or transfer case. These leaks have the potential to cause bearing failure, which can result in excessive vehicle vibration as well as whining or grinding noises from the engine.
Are Jeep Liberty good in snow?
How well will a Jeep Liberty with four-wheel drive perform in severe snow conditions? – Quora is a question and answer website. Everything is fine! Install 4WD and drive at a leisurely pace; you should have no difficulties.
What octane does a Jeep Liberty use?
Engine with a displacement of 5.7L (With Automatic Transmission) It is advised that you use 89 octane “Plus” gasoline for the best possible performance and fuel economy.
How many miles can a 2002 Jeep Liberty last?
The Jeep Liberty has a useful life of more than 200,000 kilometers. There are a number of elements that will boost the chance of your Liberty’s survival. Check to see if any recall concerns pertaining to your model year have been handled and resolved.
What year Jeep Liberty is best?
The Jeep Liberty four-door SUV was in production for 11 model years until being phased out (2001 to 2012). The most problematic vehicles were the earlier ones, which were subject to several recalls due to fluid leaks and malfunctioning airbags. 2007. 2008, and 2009 are the most favorable years for purchasing a Liberty SUV. Most notably, just one recall was issued for 2009 models.
Is the Jeep 3.7 a good engine?
The 3.7L is an extremely capable engine. Given the high torque it delivers, this vehicle is well suited to off-road use and can even haul heavy loads. The negative of the 3.7L is that it struggles on city streets and expressways when you need to accelerate. The Commander is a large vehicle, and the 3.7L engine accelerates notably more slowly than the 4.7L and 5.7L engines.
What Jeep gets best MPG?
However, while the 2019 Jeep Cherokee and 2021 Jeep Compass are the models that get the greatest gas mileage, the other models in the Jeep portfolio also get excellent gas mileage, despite their age. The Jeep Grand Cherokee can get up to 26 miles per gallon on the highway in 2021, and the new Grand Cherokee L’s MPG figures are just as outstanding despite the vehicle’s increased size.
What Jeep gets best gas mileage?
1. Jeep Renegade (also known as the Jeep Wrangler). As previously stated, the Jeep Renegade achieves the greatest fuel economy of the whole 2020 Jeep lineup, which includes the Grand Cherokee. With a combined fuel economy of 24 MPG in the city and 32 MPG on the highway, this vehicle equals the fuel economy of many Sedans.
Are Jeeps gas guzzlers?
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler achieves an estimated 22 MPG (miles per gallon) on city roads, with highway mileage reaching up to 29 MPG or higher. The Jeep Wrangler can travel around 100 miles on 4.8 gallons of petrol, and owners have stated that it is not a gas guzzler, which is an important factor to consider when purchasing a car.