The new Tiger Explorer family has been conceived, designed and built to deliver the ultimate transcontinental adventure motorcycle for every adventure rider.
- NEW Triumph Tiger Explorer XR and XC ranges
- 6 new motorcycles – Explorer XC, Explorer XCx, Explorer XCa, Explorer XR, Explorer XRx and Explorer XRt – an
- Explorer for every adventure
- 1215cc triple engine with shaft final drive with more power and more torque – the most powerful in the adventure segment
- NEW rider-focused and active technology
- NEW cornering-optimized Traction Control and ABS
- NEW TSAS – semi-active suspension system
- NEW low seat variants
- NEW first-in class electrically adjustable screen
- NEW Hill Hold Control system
The new Triumph Explorer range is divided into two distinct model variants – the XR series, designed and optimized to deliver the ultimate on-road ride, and the XC series is designed to excel off-road. Both the XR and XC models are more than capable of performing in either environment. The range-topping Explorer XCa and Explorer XRt models offer an unprecedented level of equipment and technology to provide a motorcycle completely prepared for any adventure – no matter the distance or destination.
All models, from the range-entry Explorer XR and Explorer XC through to the top tier XCa and XRt, feature a 1215cc triple engine, unique in the large capacity adventure segment, delivering its power through a final shaft drive. The triple engine’s power is delivered smoothly and progressively across the rev and speed ranges through its linear torque curve. A torque-assisted clutch makes the clutch action incredibly light, in turn making both long distances and stop-start urban riding less demanding on the rider. The engine performance is also enhanced through a new exhaust system, with a distinctive resonant note.
The new Tiger Explorer features a host of technological upgrades with a particular emphasis on state-of-the-art active technology to ensure superb stability and control.
These features include:
- Triumph Semi-active Suspension
- Corner optimized switchable ABS and Traction Control
- The introduction of Rider Modes, including a rider programmable mode
- Hill Hold control
The new Tiger Explorer’s overall performance is given a new level of dynamism through the use of WP adjustable suspension on the two entry-level models. The other four models feature the groundbreaking Triumph Semi Active Suspension system. This allows the rider to electronically control the adjustment of the front and rear suspension damping, automatically adapting the rear shock absorber pre-load settings to reflect the terrain being covered and providing optimal grip and drive in any situation.
To give the rider the handling, control and response they want to negotiate well-made roads and broken terrain in all conditions, the Tiger Explorer offers as standard multi-channel switchable ABS and traction control on the entry level XR and XC models. The other four variants come with cornering-optimized ABS and traction control, to ensure superb stability even when approaching the most challenging apex.
The Explorer XCx, XCa, XRx and XRT all feature an Inertial Measurement Unit that, through a series of strategically positioned sensors, monitors and responds to the bike’s movement status, calculates the lean angle of the bikes and uses this measurement to ensure greater stability by optimizing the performance of the ABS and traction control systems.
Add to this the choice of up to five different Rider Modes – four which are pre-set and one which can be programmed by the rider – which alters the configuration of the bike to suit riding style, road and weather conditions.
Additionally the new Hill Hold Control feature prevents the motorcycle rolling back when attempting to set off on a steep incline – particularly beneficial when the motorcycle is fully loaded or carrying a passenger.
A new engine with more power, improved handling, rider and active rider-focused technology packaged in a family of bikes with a contemporary look and style that are distinctly their own. Featuring sharp new lines giving a stylish and muscular look and combining to deliver enhanced rider and passenger thermal comfort. Additionally all models introduce a first-in-class electrically adjustable screen that allows the rider to constantly tailor aero protection and comfort whilst riding.
The new Triumph Tiger Explorer range, with its choice of specifications and switchable, selectable and programmable features, is a range of bikes that allows riders to tailor their desired adventure, to go anywhere and everywhere from the daily commute to the corners of the earth.
Tiger Explorer XR and XC series
Spec highlights include (varies depending on model):
- Unique 1215cc triple engine with shaft final drive
- Contemporary and distinctive Adventure styling
- 2 Low seat variants (available on Tiger Explorer XRX and XCX models)
- ABS and traction control
- Cornering-optimised ABS and traction control
- Up to five selectable Rider Modes, including rider programmable
- WP adjustable front and rear suspension
- Triumph Semi Active Suspension
- Brembo monobloc 4-piston radial calipers
- On-board computer
- Advanced on-board computer
- Inertial measurement unit
- Hill Hold control
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Electrically adjustable screen
- Electrically adjustable Touring screen
- Spoked wheels (XC models)
- Cast wheels (XR models)
- 12V Power socket/s
- 5V under seat USB socket
- Heated rider/passenger seat
- Heated grips
- Cruise control
- Hand guards
- Aluminium sump guard
- Plastic sump guard
- Radiator guard
- Engine bars
- Fog lights
- Machined footrests
- Pannier mounting kit
Triumph Motorcycles is the British premium, lifestyle brand, which produces a wide range of distinctive, cool, and authentic Modern Classic, Adventure, Sport, Cruiser and Touring motorcycles. Also the oldest continually produced motorcycle brand, the first Triumph was manufactured in 1902. The company’s global headquarters are located in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England, solely owned by Bloor Holdings Ltd. Triumph Motorcycles America Ltd., its North American subsidiary, is based in Atlanta, Ga., and is home to the motorcycle industry’s first 24/7 Customer Support team. To see the full range of Triumph motorcycles, visit www.TriumphMotorcycles.com.